4.22.2011

recipe for a good summer: salmon ceviche.



I think I found my new favorite summer meal...actually, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it since Emily and Paul came to visit and we sat drinking watermelon mojitos and eating salmon ceviche. My older sister and I gave it a go this weekend and it was amazing..talk about tastey! If you like fresh salsa and salmon and jalepenos..you will love this.


Ingredients:
.6-1 lb of fresh salmon
1-2 jalepenos, finely chopped
juice of 2 oranges
juice of 5 limes
1 medium red onion, finely chopped
To add later:
1 avocado
1 tomato or cherry tomatoes
salt and pepper

Pull apart your salmon into small pieces and place in large bowl. Add jalepenos and red pepper. Add orange and lime juice. The liquid should coat and almost cover everything. Let this sit for 3-4 hours. The citrus juices will cook the salmon, and it should appear just as it would cooked after this time. Toss with avocado, tomato, and add salt and pepper. I like it served over white rice, or it is great with tortilla chips!

No comments: