3.20.2011

the big house.










I was able to spend a relaxing weekend in Oakland, NE with my family. It was full of our usual festivities: playing Just Dance on the wii, lunch at Memories Cafe, shopping at Nifty Thirfty, hanging out with Grandma Ruth and Grandma Dee..added to that list now is visiting Mike doing work at the "Big House." After a series of wonderful happenings, my mom and step dad Mike were able to purchase a beautiful old historic home in Oakland after it was foreclosed on this past summer. Mike has taken on the challenges of restoring and gutting the house and it has been so fun to see the progress. I am so very happy that they will have this house for their "forever" home. I took some pictures over there this weekend...there are stunning details original to the house that I just love, one of them being the stenciling in the living room which was probably done around 1900. Can't wait for the all the memories we will have in this house! Make sure to check out my mom's blog which tracks the progress on the house: Our Big House On the Prairie.

No comments: