8.24.2008

black earth prairie girls.















I have wonderful friends and one of them is hidden in the prairies of Black Earth, WI. I drove up the drive way to find myself surrounded by yellow flowers and smiley Emily running to meet me! I was giddy the whole weekend..from walks around the prairie and seeing the magical woods where Emily grew up, eating pears from the pear tree, finally stepping into Halle's Vintage, a mystical mecca in Mazomanie, where 2 giddy girls played dress up for 2 hours and came out with some of the cutest loot I ever did see, a Wisconsin small town extravaganza tour featuring Spring Green, a charming town with a main street full of old cars, and Mt. Horeb, a Scandinavian hub with a mustard museum..yes please!, lemonade spritzer and This American Life...I was refreshed and happy. Love you Em!

2 comments:

Emily said...

A little dose of Abby was exactly what I needed....

hayliebird said...

omg! i can't wait for my very own visit. this place looks like too much fun. you girls are so cute & black earth looks beautiful. fun. fun. fun. i love black earth prarie girls!!

xoxo