2.14.2011

i heart MN: luminary loppet.







Another reason I love Minnesota...people came out in droves last weekend for the Luminary Loppet right in the heart of the city. A loppet is a scandinavian word for a cross country ski race. This wasn't technically a race, more of a beautiful ski stroll around Lake of the Isles that was lit all along the path by ice sculptures and luminaries. It was only my second time on cross country skiis, but we had an amazing time. And can I just say that there are some super moms living here in Minnesota who were skiing along with 2 kids in tow in little sled pods with skiis on the bottom! Inspiring..hope you enjoy these pictures from my skiing adventure at the loppet! We ended the night at one of my favorite spots, a little french restaurant called Barbette..

No comments: