2.24.2009

hello again big city.

Whew! Back from New York..another great weekend that made me incredibly thankful for my dear friends. They make my life so cheery.
-Emily making our list of to-do's on Friday morning. I loved getting to explore the spots she has found..

first stop: bagels..duh.

cute girls and cute tights.

second stop: Fishs Eddy, a store that buys up plates, glasses, and miscellany from out of business restaurants. Picked up some new mugs, some county fair jar glasses, and special glass tupperwares..

third stop: mood! I had never been and it was a little bit of a rush to be in the throngs of fashionistas. Emily helped me pick out a great silk fabric..i am obssesed with that purply blue..


fourth stop: woven play. Got to see where Emily spends her days in the studio amidst tutu's and wooden swords. My favorites were the cloth navy and cream striped boy's swim shorts and of course, the ballet lace up tights.


fifth stop: lunch at Westville. A cozy spot where we ordered from a list of 20 fresh market veggies and shared a delicious chocolate shake.

Another favorite, seeing Paige! I hadn't seen her since graduation and needed to. I loved hearing tales from Lilly Pulitzer print design land on the subway in her j.crew bright orange and coral.

sixth stop: Fabulous Fanny's, a glasses store + Hogwarts combined, where you can open at your heart's content labeled wooden drawers full of vintage frames. I couldn't have picked my delicious pair without my expert stylist. A 1960's clear frame with specs of light pink and gold..i love them.


-Mary Poppins on Broadway! the picture above is us posing with our feet mary poppins style on the subway. Our outfits were well in the works before this night, of course each paying tribute to Mary (the fabric from my skirt is an Alexander Henry that I picked up at Crafty Planet, added the red velvet bow to my white top, and carried the carpet bag of course..). As girls devoted to this story and movie, this was a special night. We remain quite loyal to Julie Andrews and Dick van Dyke...and to rum punch.



More wonderful wonderful memories..sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.